About Us
Our story begins in 1949, when Francis Novak started a small milk hauling business with his brother, Leonard. Not long after, Francis attended Dunwoody to study blacksmithing and began building a reputation for hard work and practical craftsmanship. What started with sharpening plow shears and changing tires soon grew into a small blacksmithing and welding operation serving the local farming community.
The four sons of Francis graduated from high school, and they joined the business and learned the trades firsthand. Together, they expanded their skills in welding, machining, tractor repair, and general equipment repair, continuing the hands-on approach that defined the company from the start.
Over time, the next generation followed in the footsteps of their father. The grandchildren of Francis grew up around the shop, and many became part of the family business as well, carrying forward the tradition of craftsmanship and problem-solving.
In 1998, the company took a major step forward by purchasing its first CNC machine—an oxy/fuel and plasma cutter—bringing modern technology into the shop while maintaining the same work ethic the company was built on. Continued growth led to the construction of the new main building in 2008, allowing the business to expand its capabilities even further.
From 2008 to today, the company has continued to grow, acquiring new skills, tools, and machinery to meet a wide range of metal fabrication needs. In 2024, an addition was completed that doubled the size of the facility, creating the space needed to support the continued growth of the company.
What began as one man’s work ethic and willingness to help his community has grown into a multi-generation family business built on craftsmanship, reliability, and pride in every job we completed.